As a Release Manager at DigitalRoute you will be responsible for the release strategy and lifecycle planning of its products and services, which includes defining the release processes, product lifecycles and the coordination and management of releases.
Quality is very important to DigitalRoute and as the Release Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that we maintain our quality levels in all our deliveries. You must be able to work collaboratively across members from Product Management, Engineering, Service and Support groups to ensure stable and timely deliveries towards our customers.
You will be based in our Stockholm office reporting to the Head of Product Management. We have a multi-sited R&D setup and some travel to our sites and customers will be required.
· Prepare and maintain a 24 months release plan in alignment with Product Management and R&D to ensure roadmap stability.
· Follow up on execution status and quality assessments with R&D for target release scope.
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within budget. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
· Ensure business centric decisions and actions are taken when addressing customer requests and release problems.
· Support and prepare high quality business decisions on when and how to take products in to the next state in the lifecycle.
· Manage product life cycle including handling of unreleased versions, phase out versions, and; migration and upgrade across releases.
· Work with release co-ordinator to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
· Maintains the release schedule for all core products and services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
· Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
· Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
· Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
· Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
· 3-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
· 2-4 years of working experience with cloud-based services is required.
· Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and background in the telecom industry either at an operator or an equipment vendor.
· Formal training in project management practices preferred.
· Structured with a “can-do” attitude.
· Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
· Effective leadership and analytical skills.
· Having strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken English required.
· Working knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
If you are interested in the role, send in your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the role, contact Iftikhar Waheed, Head of Product Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At DigitalRoute we have been providing new approaches to data integration and management since 2000. Our technology offers a unique degree of user configurability, processing all usage and statistical data extracted from the networks leading to great cost efficiencies, improved time-to-market and higher customer satisfaction for our customers. DigitalRoute is built on the core values of Expertise, Open-Mindness, and Commitment and has close to 200 employees, head quarters in Stockholm and regional offices in Atlanta and Kuala Lumpur. DigitalRoute is a venture-backed, privately-held company.